This is a new security feature that protects Spinbackup users against account hijacking in case when your original Google account has been compromised by cybercriminals. In that case hackers can easily get access to your backed up data at Spinbackup. So what you need is just to activate this option in the “Settings” page.
- Go to the Settings page => Login by Google ID.
- Tap the Disable login by Google ID button.
You can enable this option if you have setup a new Spinbackup password, otherwise you have to create it.
- Go to the Settings page => Login by Spinbackup ID.
- Create a new password for your Spinbackup account.
- Once you are done, you will be able to login to your dashboard by using an alternative login form in case you have lost access to your Google account. Please note, your Spinbackup ID is your gmail email. That’s all you need to sign in with Spinbackup ID:
- By the way, don’t forget to set up a new recovery email. This will help you to reset your password.
- After the confirmation that the password has been created, click the link disable login with Google.
- Enter your Spinbackup password again and tap the button Disable login by Google ID.
- Once you are done, the access to your Spinbackup account and to your backed up data will be unavailable when you try to login with Google.
And here is one more tip for today — don’t forget to activate 2-step verification to increase security level of your Spinbackup account and protect yourself against an unauthorized access to your personal data.
Spinbackup for Google Apps is your Cloud-to-Cloud Backup, Disaster Recovery and Cloud Cybersecurity provider.
19,036 total views, 2 views todayNo tags for this post.