- Why should I backup my Google data?
- Why backup G Suite / Google Apps?
- Why backup Google Drive?
- Why backup Gmail?
- Is it safe to backup my personal Gmail data at Spinbackup?
- What can I backup with Spinbackup cloud service?
- How much does it cost?
- What cloud provider does it use?
- Do you have a mobile version?
- How often can I backup my data?
- Do you have an API for developers?
- What is the difference between Spinbackup and other cloud backup services?
- Who can be a Spinbackup user?
- Troubleshooting: Error (403) "The domain policy has disabled third-party Drive apps".
Why should I backup my Google data?
Google does not help you recover your personal data. See various Google product forum posts below.
- All emails from Feb 9th to Feb 12th are gone.
- Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my emails are gone from my gmail account.
- I lost all of my gmails from Feb. 13, 2012 - Feb. 21, 2012 . How do I recover these? I wasn't online when it happened.
- I just accidentally deleted ALL of my mail by creating a filter to automatically delete a spam dating email.
- I accidentally deleted Drive folders
- I deleted my gmail account but then only i noticed picasa account also got deleted.. how to retrieve the album again??
The above are just a few examples out of hundreds found on the Google Product forums from users who have lost their data and can neither retrieve them nor get help from Google. Although it's too late for these users, it shouldn't have to be for you.
Is it safe to backup my personal Gmail data at Spinbackup?
Yes, it is 100% safe.
- Spinbackup never asks for your Google password. It communicates with your Google account via OAuth 2.0, Google's latest and most secure API, developed by Google's own developers.
- Spinbackup uses Amazon S3 to store users backed-up data. Amazon S3 guarantees 99.9% uptime in their Service Level Agreement (SLA). Even if Google is down you will have access to your Google data via your Spinbackup account.
- Spinbackup provides a 256 bit SSL secure certificate to access your user account. All security concerned financial service institutions (banks, brokerage firms, etc) use the same type of certificate.
- Spinbackup does not share your user data or emails with any 3rd party. No other entity will even know that you have an account.
What exactly can I backup with Spinbackup cloud service?
You can backup the following G Suite / Google Apps:
- Google Mail messages (all labels )
- Google Drive files (Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations and other files)
- Google Photos (your Google Photos albums and images)
- Google Calendar events
- Google Contacts
- Google Tasks
How much does it cost?
Spinbackup is a FREE cloud backup service. No credit cards or personal information required. You get a new, free for life account with 2GB cloud storage and a 1 user limit. If you need more storage or users, you can easily upgrade your account on demand. You can cancel your account at anytime as well.
What cloud provider does it use?
Spinbackup utilizes Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S2), the most trusted cloud provider in the world.
How often can I backup my data?
There are 2 options:
- Unlimited, Manual Backups. Manually - per user request.
- Automated, Daily Backup. Set up a Schedule: daily, weekly, monthly at a specific time of day.
Do you have an API for developers?
No we don't, but we are working on it. Please follow us on Twitter or at our Blog and watch for a planned release date.
What is the difference between Spinbackup and other cloud backup services?
Spinbackup may provide the following advantages, depending on the compared vendor:
- FREE accounts.
- Google Photos backup (not available with many alternative cloud services).
- You can work with backed up files/messages from within your Spinbackup account and then sync with your Google account.
- You can upgrade or cancel your account on demand.
Who can be a Spinbackup user?
Google's users only. You must have an Individual or a Business account with Google. At the moment, Spinbackup's cloud backs up only Google clouds. Development is in progress for Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook cloud backup.
Troubleshooting: Error (403) "The domain policy has disabled third-party Drive apps".
It means the domain administrator has disabled third-party apps access to your Drive documents. You should ask your domain administrator to grant access for Spinbackup application to activate the Drive backup service.
It can be fixed at
G Suite users
100 000+ G Suite users
10 000+ apps discovered